Educational Consultants and referring professionals:
How charge or get brought in
I support families that are working with an educational Consultant or therapist with the following:
- Helping families cope with their own discomfort of child’s placement and struggle.
- Parents who need more support in the process of therapeutic settings and programs.
- Helping answer all the questions that may need to be asked and understood. Talking with parents who may be more anxious, so EC has time to focus on proper placement and supports.
- Support if EC is away travelling to help guide families and offer support and answer questions or supporting program with recommendations made by the EC
- Extra level of support when the family needs more time to process or struggling with new patterns of parenting
- Helping parents uphold the parenting plan or home plan. The day to day support following through with EC’s recommendations.
The following EC’s have had this to say about Katie:
"Nearly every family I work with would benefit from having the additional support that Katie offers. She provides a layer of practical skill building that is so beneficial to parents who are in the throws of therapeutic placement or transition. She is intuitive and warm, and is magical in her way of connecting with parents during such a vulnerable time in their lives.”